Throughout history, women have used colour cosmetics to enhance their natural beauty. Now more than ever, the ability to formulate a variety of colour cosmetics to suit the fast-changing trends of the fashion industry is an art form within science, and a particularly interesting challenge for the formulating chemist.
Our Certificate in Colour Cosmetics Formulation course has been developed to provide the skills and knowledge to enable learners to confidently formulate a range of personal care products in response to this increased demand.
Take a look at our YouTube video on the Certificate in Colour Cosmetics Formulation Course for more information and to have a look into how comprehensive our training is, what you get and what kind of support you can expect when studying with us.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- formulate a variety of colour cosmetic products including foundations, powders, eye shadows, mascaras, lipsticks, eye and lip pencils
- meet manufacturing and quality control requirements of colour cosmetics
- source and recognize various chemicals used within colour cosmetics
- source and recognize various packaging components used for colour cosmetics
- meet regulatory requirements for colour cosmetic products
- incorporate the latest trends into colour cosmetic formulations
On successful completion, learners will be competent in formulating, colour matching and the manufacture of colour cosmetics including ensuring multi-country compliance and suitability of the colourants used. In addition, a variety of colour cosmetic product base formulas are provided with the learning materials to help boost learner’s confidence in this area and give them an immediate start with product and raw material trials.
This course will benefit the following careers:
- Research and Development Scientists
- Formulating Chemists
- Production/Compounding Managers and assistants
This course is ideal for:
- Research and Development staff required to formulate colour cosmetic products
- Companies wanting to formulate their own colour cosmetic products
- Regulatory staff wanting to know how to check, collate and present paperwork for colour cosmetic compliance
- This course consists of 3 units of competency
- 2 months part-time
Training and assessments:
- The Formulating Colour Cosmetics text book is provided as part of the enrolment package
- On-line lectures to support learning and activities within the texts
- Box of raw materials and packaging to work through various practical activities and prepare assessment samples
- Written assessment comprising theoretical questions and workplace simulated scenarios
- Submission of practical samples
|Integrate colour principles into personal care development||Covers the investigation of colour and how it is used in personal care products. Learn how to:
|Select appropriate ingredients for colour cosmetic products||Covers the evaluation and selection of appropriate ingredients for use in a variety of colour cosmetic formulations. Learn how to:
|Apply colour principles to formulate colour cosmetic products||Covers the development of coloured cosmetic products utilising appropriate principles and manufacturing techniques. Learn how to: