Consumers are now more than ever aware of sun protection; and increasingly look for products with SPF content even when not purchasing sunscreens.
Attend this workshop to learn the formulating issues and solutions associated with sunscreens and therapeutic goods, as well as essential regulatory checks that should be conducted early in the development phase.
You will learn:
• Typical formulating issues with sunscreens and their solutions
• Ingredients and formulation tips to maximise the SPF of a product
• Ingredients and formulation tips to maximise the stability of a sunscreen product
• How to search for sunscreen compliant ingredients in Australia, US, Japan and EU
• Regulatory restrictions associated with formulation development
This workshop is ideal for:
• Research and development staff involved in formulation development
• Raw material suppliers to industry
Some intermediate formulating information is provided as part of this workshop; if you currently do not have formal training in cosmetic science it is recommended that you undertake our Certificate in Beginners Cosmetic Science or Certificate in Advanced Cosmetic Science to be able to apply the learning in this workshop.
By registering for this workshop, you will receive:
• Power point notes to accompany the lecture
• 1 Week unrestricted on line workshop access
• Formulating guides
• Common sunscreen information including regulatory limits and usage rates
This workshop is included in our Diploma and Advanced Certificate formulation programs