Where are these courses recognised?
Our courses are Nationally Recognised by the Australian Department of Education (NTIS provider no. 40333); and as such are Government Recognised courses that are industry approved and recognised as tertiary qualified courses around the world by recognised training institutions (such as Universities and accredited Colleges). In addition, our courses have been peer reviewed by members of the Australian Society of Cosmetic Chemists providing industry recognition by other member associations such as the International Federation of Society of Cosmetic Chemists (IFSCC) and Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC). The training is also recognised by employers throughout this industry around the world.
What if I need help?
The Institute of Personal Care Science has unrivalled support for students! Once you have enrolled, a trainer will be in touch with you to plan your study program for you, get you set up with on-line lecture access and help get you started with your studies. They will also be in contact with you every 2 weeks to check on your progress. You can contact them anytime via email and they will get back to you within 1-2 business days; you can also schedule for tutorial support via phone or skype at a mutually convenient time to get 1-on-1 assistance at no extra cost – it’s all part of the study package! We pride ourselves on providing outstanding student support so you get the most out of your study with us.
What do I get when I complete the Diplomas?
You get an Internationally Recognised Diploma in the course you have completed.
Will I get a Certificate when I complete the short courses?
Yes, when you complete the required assessments you will get a Certificate of Completion for the short courses you study.
I’m not sure which course to study – which is the best course for me?
For Formulation skills:
- The Certificate in Beginners Cosmetic Science course is for those who want to formulate as a hobby, for friends and family or up to market stall level.
- The Certificate in Advanced Cosmetic Science is for those with a science or formulating background that want to learn advanced cosmetic formulation skills fast – it is a career course for those wanting to work in the industry as part of a company or with their own brand.
- The Diploma of Personal Care Formulation is an ideal career course if you are looking to further your career working within a larger company and/or want the most comprehensive course possible – it provides you with a world recognised Diploma that is highly regarded by employers and is the best choice if you are undertaking study to further your career. It also includes all of the short courses and workshops on formulating – so it is the most comprehensive approach to learning how to formulate and the quality control and testing aspects of formulation development.
For Brand Management skills:
- The Certificate in Cosmetic Brand Management is a shortened version of the Diploma of Personal Care Development and Promotion. It is ideal for those wanting to have/who have their own brand to learn the essentials of brand management including market research, product development briefs, time and budget management and how to price products correctly for maximum sales and profits.
- The Diploma of Personal Care Development and Promotion is the most comprehensive approach to Brand Management and is the course you should select if you want to seek employment/enhance your career prospects as a brand manager.
For Regulatory Compliance:
- The Certificate in Cosmetic Regulatory Essentials provides a comprehensive approach to the regulatory compliance of cosmetic ingredients, labels, promotions and quality control aspects, including stability and microbiological control from a multi-country perspective. Compliance is taught to cover AU, EU, US, JP and Chinese regions for cosmetic and personal care products.
You are also welcome to contact us directly to discuss your individual needs for more personalised advice; please call us on +61 7 5446 4680 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I want to make my own range of products; what should I study?
- If you want to have your own range, you should study at least our Certificate in Cosmetic Brand Management OR Diploma of Personal Care Development and Promotion so you can manage the brand effectively, including elements of time and budget management and marketing compliance, labelling, claims and promotional plans.
- You should also study a formulation program such as our Certificate in Advanced Cosmetic Science OR the Diploma of Personal Care Formulation.
- The Diplomas give you the most wholistic training but the Certificate courses can help you get the essential training quicker. You can also opt for the Certificate course versions and then upgrade to the full Diploma programs later.
Can I study at my own pace?
Yes, you can speed up or slow down your studies at any time; you just need to let your trainer know. Work and/or life commitments can make study challenging sometimes, we are here to help you get the most out of your study so if we need to adjust your program to help you fit everything in, you only need to let your trainer know so they can adjust your due dates.
How do I do the practical components?
We send you a box of raw materials with all formulating courses for you to work from. In most cases, access to standard kitchen space and equipment will enable you to complete the practical component of these courses; if you have access to a lab environment that is beneficial but not necessary. We also send you a practical activity workbook with full instructions to get you started. We will shortly be launching You Tube videos showing you how to put formulations together to further support the practical components of all formulating courses. Please also refer to the Prospectus for more information on the practical components specific to your course.
How do I sit the Diploma exams?
The exams are run on-line via skype so you can attend at a time and place that suits you.
I want specific advice on my brand – can you help me with this?
Yes we can! The level of advice will depend on the course you are studying with us:
- For Brand Management courses – you actually need to submit 2 full, real world Projects as part of your assessments, and we provide advice and guidance on these projects during the training/assessment process.
- For Formulation courses – you would need to be studying the Advanced or Diploma programs, and we can provide you with training support as you progress through the relevant units of study so you can understand how to solve the formulation issue yourself, and where to access similar information in other real world scenarios. That way, you not only get immediate answers but also learn how to solve similar formulation issues yourself once you’ve finished study with us too!
- For Regulatory support – you would need to be studying the Certificate in Cosmetic Regulatory Essentials and we will again guide you to finding the appropriate answer as you progress through the relevant units of study – understanding regulations is best learnt by applying it to real world scenarios and that is exactly how we teach!
We can’t provide full or ongoing consulting advice – we are not consultants, and that is not why you are learning with us! We will instead teach you how to get the confidence to solve your formulation, brand management and regulatory issues for yourself using your specific scenarios as necessary, so that you are competent and real world ready when you have finished your study with us too.