Today’s modern consumer is seeking out more natural and organic alternatives for their personal care products. The trend toward ‘going green’ is becoming increasingly popular, with key motivators such as sustainability of raw materials, and concern about what is being used on the skin, driving consumer demand.
Our Certificate in Organic Formulations course has been developed to provide the skills and knowledge to enable learners to confidently formulate a range of personal care products in response to this increased demand.
Take a look at our YouTube video on the Certificate in Organic Formulations Course for more information and to have a look into how comprehensive our training is, what you get and what kind of support you can expect when studying with us.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- develop safe, stable and effective organic formulas for a range of personal care products
- adjust current formulations to suit organic requirements
- collate paperwork required for organic submissions
- meet compliance requirements of AS6000, ACO, NASAA, OFC, Soil Association of UK, NaTrue, Ecocert, Cosmos, USDA and BDIH
- formulate organic products with commercially suitable aesthetic, shelf life and performance properties
On successful completion, learners will be competent in formulating organic products and collecting all associated required paperwork. In addition, a variety of Organic base formulas are provided with the learning materials to help boost learner’s confidence in this area and give them an immediate start with product and raw material trials.
This course will benefit the following careers:
- Research and Development Scientists
- Formulating Chemists
- Production/Compounding Managers and assistants
- Regulatory Affairs personnel
This course is ideal for:
- Research and Development staff required to formulate organic products
- Companies wanting to formulate their own organic products
- Regulatory staff wanting to know how to check, collate and present paperwork for organic compliance
- This course consists of 3 units of competency
- 2 months part-time
Training and assessments:
- The Organic Formulations text book is provided as part of the enrolment package
- On-line lectures to support learning and activities within the texts
- Box of raw materials and packaging to work through various practical activities and prepare assessment samples
- Written assessment comprising theoretical questions and workplace simulated scenarios
- Submission of practical samples
|Integrate organic principles into personal care development||Covers the investigation of organic compliance under various certifiers and integration of organic principles into the development and manufacture of personal care products. Learn how to:
|Select appropriate ingredients for organic personal care products||Covers the evaluation and selection of appropriate ingredients for use in a variety of organic personal care formulations. Learn how to:
|Apply organic principles to formulate organic personal care products||Covers the development of organic personal care formulations in compliance with organic principles. Learn how to: