Stability testing for small cosmetic brands
Starting a cosmetic business is exciting, but did you know:
- the shelf life of your cosmetic products is YOUR responsibility, even if they have been formulated or manufactured by someone else?
- not holding stability data could render your cosmetic insurance void if there is a claim?
- you CAN run your own stability testing, even as an indie cosmetic brand?
Stability testing is essential for:
- ensuring suitable product quality and safety for consumers over the entire shelf life of a cosmetic product
- insurance requirements
- ensuring consumer satisfaction
- avoiding product recalls
Learn the essential stability testing necessary to meet cosmetic regulatory, quality, safety and performance needs whilst protecting your consumers and cosmetic brand image from any sort of quality issue.Specifically designed for start up indie cosmetic brands on a tight budget - enrol now
Set of 6 lectures + 18 page workbook
Start Date: Can be started at any time.
Duration: Approx. 10 hours including lectures, text & activities + unlimited workshop access
Course Type: On-Line Workshops.
Note: This workshop is self-training, so won’t include trainer support if you have further questions.
STABILITY TESTING FOR SMALL COSMETIC BRANDS WORKSHOPS - WHAT YOU LEArn:
- What is cosmetic stability testing, and what are you testing for?
- What equipment will you need? We've designed the minimum stability tests necessary for indie cosmetic brands working on a tight budget to ensure you can obtain affordable equipment.
- Microbial testing: 3 different options to suit your cosmetic business size and budget
- pH tests: how and when to conduct pH tests, and what you need to look for
- Appearance & odour: what tests do you need to run and what are you monitoring for?
- How to design your stability protocol
- How to prepare your stability testing schedule
- What are accelerated test conditions, and which ones should you use?
- How often should you run each type of test, and how do you interpret the results?
- Covers stability testing of:
- Liquid products: toners, mists, serums, gels, sprays, active serums (e.g. whitening, anti-ageing, anti-acne, tanning products and more), acid peels
- Foaming products: face wash, shower gel, shampoo, hand wash, foaming exfoliants, active foaming products
- Emulsified products: milks, lotions, creams, body butters, conditioners, crème exfoliants, active emulsified products (e.g. whitening, anti-ageing, anti-acne, tanning products and more) plus liquid foundations
- Semi-solid products: balms and face masks (all types)
- How to know if your cosmetic product has passed, or failed, its stability testing - and what you should do next
This workshop comes with:
- 6 well explained lectures to guide you through the learning
- 18 page e-booklet
- Blank stability testing tables for you to plan your testing and record your results
- Example scenario of failed product - and how to know when this has happened BEFORE it affects cosmetic product in the marketplace
Protect your cosmetic brand and consumers; learn essential stability testing for indie cosmetic brands
Get started now!
Set of 6 lectures + 18 page workbook
This workshop is designed for home-crafters with basic formulation knowledge.
If you have never formulated before, please start with our Beginners Cosmetic Science workshop series or
If you are looking for professional training on stability testing and quality control, please study our Certificate in Cosmetic Quality & Stability.
If you are looking for professional formulation, quality & stability training, please study our Certificate in Advanced Hair Formulations, Certificate in Advanced Cosmetic Science or for the most comprehensive training, please study our Diploma of Personal Care Formulation.