Beginner Cosmetic Science workshops
The Beginner Cosmetic Science workshop series has been designed for those just starting to make cosmetic products, those wanting to improve basic cosmetic formulation skills and/or those wanting to understand how cosmetics are made to get making cosmetic products for themselves, friends or family. This workshop series has a strong emphasis onhow to make natural skincare and how to make natural hair care products.
The beginner cosmetic science workshop series takes approximately 15 hours and enrollees will learn how to make 11 different cosmetic products from the comfort of their own home!
Start Date: Can be started at any time.
Duration: 1-month lecture access (approximately 15 hours workshops + practical activities).
Course Type: On-Line Workshops. Note: Beginner cosmetic science workshop series is self-training, so won’t include trainers support if you have further questions.
Entry Requirements: 15 years old or over.
BEGINNER COSMETIC SCIENCE WORKSHOP CONTENTS:
- 1-month unrestricted online workshop access to the full beginner cosmetic science workshop series
- Beginner cosmetic formulas booklet (electronic copy)
- Cosmetic formulation guides for 11 different cosmetic products
- Learning support material for those new to cosmetic science
- Optional practical kit with the cosmetic ingredients you need to make all cosmetic products in the workshop series
See what’s in the beginner cosmetic science .
On successful completion of the beginner cosmetic science workshops, participants will learn:
- How to make natural skincare products including crème cleansers, serums, lotions, creams, butters, balms, hand and body washes
- How to make natural hair care products including shampoos and conditioners
- How to adjust cosmetic formulas to suit varying marketing, performance and ingredient needs
- How to select cosmetic ingredients and make your own cosmetic formulas
- How to put various cosmetic formulas together using the correct methods
These beginner cosmetic science workshops are ideal for:
- People wanting to formulate cosmetic products for themselves, friends and family
- People wanting to see if starting a cosmetic business is for them
- Those wanting to understand the basics of what a cosmetic chemist does
- Regulatory, Development and/or Marketing staff wanting to know the basics of cosmetic science, how cosmetic formulas are put together, and the cosmetic ingredients that get used
- There are no assessments for the beginner cosmetic science workshops
On successful completion, learners can continue on to our more advanced cosmetic formulation, brand management or regulatory affairs courses.
- Beginner cosmetic science starter booklet featuring 11 different cosmetic formulations with methods
- Cosmetic formula guides showing how to construct different cosmetic formula types
- Box of cosmetic ingredients and packaging to work through various practical activities and make
cosmetic products - can be purchased as an optional extra
- On-line beginner cosmetic science lecture access – so you can study at a time and place that suits you
- Detailed study program so you know what to study and when, and to help you plan and track your
Note: Beginner cosmetic science workshop is self-training, so won’t include trainers support if you have further questions.
Required equipment for beginner cosmetic science workshops:
In order to study the beginner cosmetic science course you will need to purchase or have access to standard laboratory equipment; or the following basic equipment if studying from home:
• scales that measure up to at least 1.2kg in 0.1g increments
• 3 x 1.1L stainless steel mixing bowls
• 1 x 8 wire whisk (250 – 300mm)
• 2 hot plates (or normal stove top)
You can watch this video to find out basic equipment to make cosmetics at home and complete the beginner cosmetic science workshop.
BEGINNER COSMETIC SCIENCE WORKSHOP program:
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 1 video
|Make a hydrating mist sample from beginner cosmetic formula starter booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 2 video
|Make a moisturising body lotion, natural face cream, luxurious body butter sample from beginner cosmetic formula starter booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 3 video
|Make a natural serum and crème cleanser from beginner cosmetic formula starter booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 4 video
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 5 video
|Make a lip balm from beginner cosmetic formula starter booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 6 video
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 7 video
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 8 video
|Make a creamy conditioner from beginner cosmetic formula starter booklet|
Watch: Introduction Cosmetic Formulation 9 video