Beginners Cosmetic Science workshops
The Beginners Cosmetic Science workshop series has been designed for those just starting to make cosmetic products, those wanting to improve basic cosmetic formulation skills and/or those wanting to find out how cosmetics are made. This workshop series has a strong emphasis on showing how to make natural skin care and how to make natural hair care products. This workshop series only takes approximately 15 hours and enrollees will learn how to make 11 different cosmetic products from the comfort of their own home!
Start Date: Can be started at any time.
Duration: 1-month lecture access (approximately 15 hours workshops + practical activities).
Course Type: On-Line Workshops. Note: Workshop is self-training, so won’t include trainers support if you have further questions.
Entry Requirements: 15 years old or over.
- 1-month unrestricted online workshop access
- Comsmetic Formulation Strater Booklet (electronic copy)
- Cosmetic Formulation Guides for 11 different products
- Learning Support Material
- Optional Practical Kit to make all cosmetic products
See what’s in the .
On successful completion of these workshops, participants will learn:
- How to make natural skin care including crème cleansers, serums, lotions, creams, butters, balms, hand and body washes
- How to make natural hair care including shampoos and conditioners
- How to adjust cosmetic formulas to suit varying marketing, performance and ingredient needs
- How to select cosmetic ingredients and make your own cosmetic formulas
- How to put various cosmetic formulas together using the correct methods
These workshops are ideal for:
- People wanting to formulate for themselves, friends and family
- People wanting to see if starting a cosmetic brand is for them
- Those wanting to understand the basics of what a Cosmetic Chemist does
- Regulatory, Development and/or Marketing staff wanting to know the basics of how cosmetic formulas are put together and the cosmetic ingredients that get used
- There are no assessments for these workshops
On successful completion, learners can continue on to our more advanced Cosmetic Formulation, Brand Management or Regulatory Affairs courses.
- Cosmetic Formulation Starter Booklet featuring 11 different formulations with methods
- Cosmetic Formulation Guides Booklet showing how to construct each formulation type
- Box of raw materials and packaging to work through various practical activities and make
cosmetic products - can be purchased as an optional extra
- On-line lecture access – so you can study at a time and place that suits you
- Detailed study program so you know what to study and when, and to help you plan and track your
Note: Workshop is self-training, so won’t include trainers support if you have further questions.
In order to study this course you will need to purchase or have access to standard laboratory equipment; or the following equipment if studying from home:
• scales that measure up to at least 1.2kg in 0.1g increments
• 3 x 1.1L stainless steel mixing bowls
• 1 x 8 wire whisk (250 – 300mm)
• 2 hot plates (or normal stove top)
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 1 video
|Make a Hydrating Mist sample from Cosmetic Formulation Starter Booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 2 video
|Make a Moisturising Body Lotion, Natural Face Cream, Luxurious Body Butter from Cosmetic Formulation Starter Booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 3 video
|Make a Natural Serum and Crème Cleanser from Cosmetic Formulation Starter Booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 4 video
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 5 video
|Make a Lip Balm from Cosmetic Formulation Starter Booklet|
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 6 video
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 7 video
Watch: Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation 8 video
|Make a Creamy Conditioner from Cosmetic Formulation Starter Booklet|
Watch: Introduction Cosmetic Formulation 9 video