Certificate in Colour Cosmetics Formulation
Making colour cosmetics is harder than making cosmetics. Not only does the colour cosmetic formula need to spread evenly over the skin and deposit just the right amount of required colour, it also needs to wear well throughout the day and feel great. If you've been looking for a course on how to make make-up, then this is the program for you.
What you will learn to formulate:
- Colour matching
- How to choose and use natural and synthetic colourants
- Loose and pressed powder foundations, blushes, eyeshadows, contourers etc
- Jelly and stick colour products
- Liquid foundations • Cake foundations
- Lip and eye liner pencils and liquids
- Lipstick • Lipgloss
- Nail polish – water based, solvent based & peel off
Now more than ever, the ability to formulate colour cosmetics to suit the fast-changing trends of the fashion industry is an art form within science, and a particularly interesting challenge for the Cosmetic Chemist. This Colour Cosmetic course teaches how to make colour cosmetics that are both natural and/or synthetic based, with good stability and performance built in, to create innovative colour cosmetic products of the future.
Our Certificate in Colour Cosmetics Formulation course has been developed to provide the skills and knowledge to enable learners to confidently formulate colour cosmetic products in response to this increased demand.
Start Date: Can be started at any time
Mode of delivery: On-Line/Distance
Entry Requirements: 18 years old or over. Must have completed up to year 10 level in high school.
Students must ensure they can formulate to at least an Intermediate level first. This can be achieved by first completing our Certificate in Advanced Cosmetic Science, or to a higher level, by completing the Diploma of Personal Care Formulation. If you have a similar level of qualification you can also enrol directly in this program.
On completion of Full certificate program, learners will be able to:
- formulate a variety of colour cosmetic products including foundations, powders, eye shadows, mascaras, lipsticks, eye and lip pencils
- meet manufacturing and quality control requirements of colour cosmetics
- source and recognize various chemicals used within colour cosmetics
- source and recognize various packaging components used for colour cosmetics
- meet regulatory requirements for colour cosmetic products
- incorporate the latest trends into colour cosmetic formulations
On successful completion, learners will be competent in formulating, colour matching and the manufacture of colour cosmetics including ensuring multi-country compliance and suitability of the colourants used. In addition, a variety of colour cosmetic product base formulas are provided with the learning materials to help boost learner’s confidence in this area and give them an immediate start with product and raw material trials.
Full certificate program will benefit the following careers:
- Research and Development Scientists
- Formulating Chemists
- Production/Compounding Managers and assistants
Full certificate program is ideal for:
- Research and Development staff required to formulate colour cosmetic products
- Companies wanting to formulate their own colour cosmetic products
- Regulatory staff wanting to know how to check, collate and present paperwork for colour cosmetic compliance
Duration for Full certificate program:
- This course consists of 3 units of training
- 2 months part-time (15-20 hours per week)
- Flexible, extended study possible for up to 6 months (5-10 hours per week)
- Study load consists of:
- guided training and practical work = 120 hours
- extension research and practical activities = up to 30 hours
Training and assessments for Full certificate program:
- On-line lectures to support learning and activities within the texts
- Electronic text for 3 units
- Box of raw materials and packaging to work through various practical activities and prepare assessment samples (Full certificate program / online lecture + practical kit)
- Written assessment comprising theoretical questions and workplace simulated scenarios (Full certificate program)
- Submission of practical samples(Full certificate program)
|Integrate colour principles into personal care development||Covers the investigation of colour and how it is used in personal care products. Learn how to:
|Select appropriate ingredients for colour cosmetic products||Covers the evaluation and selection of appropriate ingredients for use in a variety of colour cosmetic formulations. Learn how to:
|Apply colour principles to formulate colour cosmetic products||Covers the development of coloured cosmetic products utilising appropriate principles and manufacturing techniques. Learn how to: