Certificate in Organic Formulations
Learn how to make Organic Cosmetics beyond just organic soap and lip balm. Our Professional level, Industry recognised organic formulation training will teach you how make high quality organic skin care and organic hair care.
Learn to formulate:
- Organic skincare: organic foaming cleansers • organic crème cleansers • organic exfoliants • organic hydrating gels & mists • organic serums • organic lotions & creams • organic body butters • organic lip & body balms • organic emulsions – w/o, o/w • organic whitening products • organic tanning products • organic advanced anti-ageing • organic sunscreens • organic oral care • organic deodorants • organic male skincare & organic baby care • organic liquid foundations • organic cosmeceuticals incorporating vitamins & active ingredients • organic masks
Organic hair care: organic shampoos • organic conditioners – leave on, wash off • organic styling products • organic repair/hairceutical products
Today’s modern consumer is seeking out more natural and organic cosmetic and personal care products - but with more organic cosmetics available, how do you make sure your organic formulas stand out? With key motivators such as sustainable cosmetic materials, and concern about what is being used on the skin driving consumer demand, now is a great time to make organic cosmetics that exceed your customers expectations and really deliver on performance.
Our Certificate in Organic Formulations course has been developed to provide organic cosmetic science and formulation skills and knowledge to enable learners to confidently formulate a range of personal care products in response to this increased demand.
Start Date: Can be started at any time
Mode of delivery: On-Line/Distance
Entry Requirements: 18 years old or over. Must have completed up to year 10 level in high school.
Students must ensure they can formulate to at least an Intermediate level first. This can be achieved by first completing our Certificate in Advanced Cosmetic Science, or to a higher level, by completing the Diploma of Personal Care Formulation. If you have a similar level of qualification you can also enrol directly in this program.
- develop safe, stable and effective organic formulas for a range of personal care products
- adjust current formulations to suit organic requirements
- collate paperwork required for organic submissions
- meet compliance requirements of AS6000, ACO, NASAA, OFC, Soil Association of UK, NaTrue, Ecocert, Cosmos, USDA and BDIH
- formulate organic products with commercially suitable aesthetic, shelf life and performance properties
On successful completion, learners will be competent in formulating organic products and collecting all associated required paperwork. In addition, a variety of Organic base formulas are provided with the learning materials to help boost learner’s confidence in this area and give them an immediate start with product and raw material trials.
FULL certificate program will benefit the following careers:
- Research and Development Scientists
- Formulating Chemists
- Production/Compounding Managers and assistants
- Regulatory Affairs personnel
FULL certificate program is ideal for:
- Research and Development staff required to formulate organic products
- Companies wanting to formulate their own organic products
- Regulatory staff wanting to know how to check, collate and present paperwork for organic compliance
Duration for FULL certificate program:
- This course consists of 3 units of competency
- 2 months part-time (15-20 hours per week)
- Flexible, extended study possible for up to 6 months (5-10 hours per week)
- Study load consists of:
- guided training and practical work = 120 hours
- extension research and practical activities = up to 30 hours
Training and assessments for FULL certificate program:
- On-line lectures to support learning and activities within the texts
- Electronic text for 3 units
- Box of raw materials and packaging to work through various practical activities and prepare assessment samples
- Written assessment comprising theoretical questions and workplace simulated scenarios
- Submission of practical samples
|Integrate organic principles into personal care development||Covers the investigation of organic compliance under various certifiers and integration of organic principles into the development and manufacture of personal care products. Learn how to:
|Select appropriate ingredients for organic personal care products||Covers the evaluation and selection of appropriate ingredients for use in a variety of organic personal care formulations. Learn how to:
|Apply organic principles to formulate organic personal care products||Covers the development of organic personal care formulations in compliance with organic principles. Learn how to: